A career oriented position developing embedded software and hardware solutions with a focus on
embedded Linux development.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY
BS Electrical Engineering, American Politics Minor, 05/2009
C, C++, Unix shell
Linux, including Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Gentoo
Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, OrCAD PSpice, Eclipse
Real-Time Systems Engineer
- Develop multithreaded C and C++ programs for low level hardware control
over the laser, optical scanner, optical detector, thermal management, and
power management systems of the CZMIL airborne lidar system. Utilize simple
TCP/IP networking to communicate with master system controller.
- Develop software to run on TS-7800 single board computers running
a BusyBox powered system derived from Debian Linux.
- Customize BusyBox environment to meet requirements, including
fault tolerance and read-only filesystem.
- Manage $1.5 million contract for the development of a high power
green and infrared laser for use in the CZMIL lidar system.
Junior Software Tester
- Perform software testing on new printer driver versions. Verify driver and
user interface operation under numerous conditions, such as document variations,
operating system, and server settings.
- Develop automated user interface testing using VBScript and TestComplete software.
Welch Allyn, Inc., Medical Research and Development
- Set up and run numerous hardware and software tests on production and
prototype devices, research new product ideas, research patents and
patent infringement, and write reports of results to the engineers.
- Design and program a prototype blood oxygen measurement device
using a Microchip dsPIC33F microcontroller in the MPLAB IDE.
Implement UART, RS-232, and 12C communications.
- Maintained extensive documentation of work to meet FDA and company